Wednesday 29 June 2011

Kitchens, Bathrooms and France

Hi all!  Well, I have been busy and lazy all at once in the last couple of weeks.  As I write I am expecting the builder to knock the door and together my new kitchen, bathroom and lounge modernisation will be confirmed.  My house is a farm workers cottage that was formally owned by the local manor to house their landworkers.  It has been maintained to "council house standards" and whilst sound it ain't pretty!

As I have decided that, for the next several years at least I will be living in my little house in England.  So I think it is worth the time and money to get it comfy.  I'm having a wall removed and fireplace opened out in the kitchen and I'm also having the bath removed from the bathroom in favour of a 2 person shower (ooer!).

I have also just booked the Gite in Normandy for several days in September.  A mate and I are going to take the motorbikes over and do the WW2 battle sites.  This will be my 4th time in France in a year so it is becoming a very familiar and I can't wait to return.

My training is going well and my shoulder injury is still there but easier.  Indeed it has eased up enough to allow me to spend some time on the bike.  that has grown new Bridgestone BT 023 tyres, rack with topbox and Helibars that raise the handlebar height slightly to ease the weight off my back and shoulders.  It's all ready to go for the summer when and if the rain finally decides to stop!

So all moving on but, to be honest, life is dull compared to travelling...

More to follow..

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you really love France and spend a lot of vacation time there. It is a great idea to get a 2 person shower put in but you might end up missing your bathtub.

    devis rénovation salle de bain

    ReplyDelete