Monday 23 April 2012

A Night at the Tavistock Wharf with Martin Barre

It was well worth the long drive.  Joolz (our lead guitarist) and I managed to get the last two tickets to see the Jethro Tull guitarist Martin Barre playing with his new band.  Those of you too young to know who Tull are would not expect such a folk/prog leaning band to have an Axeman such as Mr Barre.  He loves to rock out and the quality is excellent.  There were mistakes but  a very entertaining evening at a classy, intimate venue.  the beer is very reasonably priced and so are the burgers!


A great photograph of my pint!

The man himself.






This dude's face did not change all night.  To be honest given the complexity of the music he was required to play....mate, if it had been me I would have had a heart attack just looking at the music.



What a performer this guy was.  If you could put it in your mouth this bloke could get a tune from it.  I've had a couple of girlfriends like that.

OK that was last night.  Yesterday afternoon I was doing this with the guys.



Si, my partner in crime.


Charmaigne looking magnificent as ever wondering whether the new boy knows his knobs from his sliders.  Gary blissfully unaware as ever!!!  Love ya bro and a very "Sound Geezer".


Joolz showing the look every lead guitarist must be envious of!  Reminds me of Forest Gump.  Lol!!!!

Nice day.

So I guess the music choice is an obvious one this post.  Yeah, it is old but I still think it is fresh.  What a classic and dedicated to all those who work hard to achieve there goals whether on stage or in life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-gFKntKiUo

Footnote:  If you havent heard this before stick with it for a couple of minutes.  It is not a dried up old left over from the hippy generation (i've had a couple of.....it don't matter...!).  This rocks and I watched it last nite!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment