Tuesday 13 December 2011

Long Time No Write, The House - Oct, Nov and Dec 2011 - Part 1

Hi everyone!  It's been a long time and lots has happened.  I've had several nice weekends away, Ive joined a new rock band and the house is nearly finished.  To right this up will take a few attempts so forgive me if I jump around a little.  In no apparent order therefore....

The House - The Living Room

If you have read my blog before you will know that I am adjusting to a young retirement.  Part of this process is my house.  What to do with it, why and when.  Given the economic climate and the depressed housing market I have decided to renovate my little 3 bed Wiltshire Cottage.

A lot of planning, a lot of money and time and been expended on my house in the last 4 months and the results are starting to come.  What you look at are new walls, new ceilings, new floors, new hot water and new heating.  The house has been structurally strengthened in line with modern guidelines and special attention has been paid to building insulation and sound proofing into the house.  As a deaf musician the sound proofing is necessary to maintain good inter-neighbour relations!!!

During:





This Morning:





Seating by Mark and Spencer.  Watercolours by Marilyn Allis and Rob Saunders.  AV by LG, Yamaha, Marantz and Monitor Audio.  Marble by Robert Bines (excellent local stonemason).  Wood (light Mango) by Oak World of Westbury.  Pain, prep and pain by me. 

This is only part 1 of this post and I'm doing it bit by bit as I'm starting to get memory issues on this blog site so the photos may not make it on.  don't know until I try so here goes!  More to come over the next several days and enjoy the tunes.

Finally music.  It is impossible to think it possible (if you get me...) to go to a Foo Fighters gig and they are not the headline act.  But when I saw the Foo's were not the headline act.  Oasis was.  That was 2005 and it was the first major gig I took my then 14 year old daughter to and we had a great time at the Cardiff Millennium Stadium.  Here is several of there songs and they all have great thought provocing lyrics, Ive put the songs in order that kinda sum up my year in certain respects - What a year!  10th Dec 2005 - It was the best though.

Jan-Feb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucTud_f0bSI&feature=related

March, April, May
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSsJ10b5nE&feature=related

May June
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgfP2Id4KRU

July onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyoeJr6ZcPM&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment