Tuesday 13 December 2011

The Band! - Oct, Nov and Dec 2011 Pt 2

Regular readers - if there are any left - will know I play the drums.  Of all instruments the New Orleans 5 Piece Drum Kit should be played with other instruments.


So with the house well advanced and my travelling out of the way for 2011 an unexpected e-mail from a guitarist chum of mine came at the right time and 6 week in we are playing well and developing our style and learning the harsh lessons that come from distilling what you can play from what you want to play.  We are a focused lot and the energy is there to get us playing live paid gigs and the talent is probably there to.  In the studio:





We are a 5 piece (Joolz, lead guitar, joined after these pics) covers band but the choice of songs is very interesting and varied and I don't think there is another band on the local circuit that plays our sort of stuff.  This is a very good sign and if we can get good I think we will get lots of bookings.  I'm a pensioner!  I need the money!

So....for the second time in as many hours it's music time.  Last time you had the sad laments of the Foo Fighters and Dave's powerful lyrics.  So if the part 1 songs chart my personal life in 2011 then I guess, with tongue firmly in cheek, Part 2 "end-of-the-year songs" charts my travels this year.  Again, I have seen all of these bands at various times over the last 30 years or so....or bits and pieces of them at most!.

Early 2011:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go99Zi8JUIY&feature=related

Spring/Summer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF0LLfm2bns

2011 Generally:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogeUUkwEsJs

No comments:

Post a Comment