Monday 12 March 2012

Feb moves into March...and no start date!

Hi everyone!!!  some up and downs to report this post.  As the title suggests time is passing and nothing is changing in my life at the moment.  The weather is changing and the days are getting brighter and brighter and I'm getting that depressing feeling that 2012 is going to be a right off unless I get my act together and sort out a few little issues.  Firstly my new job.  I'm really up for this.  The money is good and I can work it exactly how I please.  The problem is the MD still has not given me a start date and I should have started last week.  This has a knock on effect in that I have now cancelled my May walk across northern Spain.  I can't start a job then say I'm off for a month whilst only giving my employer 6 weeks (at the most) service.  Not on.....especially when I'm going to take off July for France, Le Mans and 3 weeks of solid festivalling!

Things have picked up on the romance front however.  Early days but the early sparring has begun with an independent, beautiful, intelligent girl who, in orders of magnitude, is very much larger in personality than anyone I have known for a very long time.  She is definitely interested but the problem is she is a lot younger than I - 31 (I'm 45).  When casual sex is the aim this is a massive advantage for the obvious reasons (late nights and fun come in abundance) however I'm looking for something more than that.  As I have said many times I have gotten more choosy as I have entered middle age but this young lady is a little special and very interesting and probably worth quelling my better judgement for.  Anyway I have asked the question and we shall see.  I would imagine I'm just as scary a prospect to her as she is to me so I guess it won't happen!

As the weather has warmed up I have been getting the bike match fit and I have unearthed a couple of niggly little problems.  New headstock bearings and a slight misfire at low revs and spoiling my pleasure as I get used to my ballistic missile again after its winter hibernation.  I'll get there for the spring/summer.

Although I have loads to do underneath it all I'm still very bored.  Nothing like this to look forward to this year....(this still makes me blub, Glastonbury went mental..I was in love...what a moment.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6ozSBEc814

The job issue has buggered up my plans to go travelling and July seems an age away.  I want that massive adrenalin hit that you get when you roll off the ferry hit the starter button and you think "I can go wherever I want for as long as I want - where first. wonder who I am going to meet?" feeling.  Those reading this who have never done it - perhaps it is better that you don't.  Like crack, one hit and you could be hooked!

This whole work thing is especially exasperating as I'm so well at the moment.  My back is as good as i can get it.  I'm as strong as an Ox physically with lumps and bumps emerging everywhere.  My weight is also a reasonable 14 and half stone.  Talk about all revved up and nowhere to go!!!!

Last post I broke with tradition and posted links to songs that my new band, The Cosmonauts, play.  Katey the lead singer is a 29 year old and that means good contempory song suggestions and some of these are inspired and great to play.  Oh yeah and very, very cool.  So here is another few:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvPncUtOdf8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0-IRsX3H-0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiGDM4j9Wj0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UrFYvl5TE&ob=av2e

No comments:

Post a Comment