Sunday 21 August 2011

Brief Update - Early August 2011.

Hi all!!  Been a while because the house looks like a victim of a World War 2 blitz attack and it's been a busy time.  Dust is everywhere but I have a kitchen and it is looking lovely.  Trick lighting, all new white goods and damp proof.  On the advice of the builder I am letting the place thoroughly dry before decorating it.  As you can imagine that is driving mad!  3 days work and it would be finished...ho hum.

I'm stripping the plaster off the walls of the living room presently and the builder is going to teach me to plaster so I will probably do the vast majority of the work in that room.  This should allow the builder to concentrate on the bathroom.  I'm not going to post any pics until the whole place is complete.  I think it will look good; and so it bloody well better be considering the money this is costing me!

I've been buying some art.  I have several watercolours already but I have just bought 2 nudes from an artist called Rob Saunders and very nice they are 2.  They are very light effected and look different at different times of the day.  Need to work out where to put them now.  Think I'm a couple short though but buying art is about patience.  Wait until you see something that you really like and view it a long time before you buy is my advice.

I'm now fully injury free - finally.  Start back working out and boy have I weakened.  What was a breeze now hurts, but that is the way of it.  After I trained today I will get a little stronger.  After tomorrows session the same will also be true.  I'm also chipping off plaster and doing stuff that the builder doesn't want to do and all these things help to stretch and work my poor ole body.  Got to be good before the 1st Sept - I'm off to France on the bike for 5 days then.

I won't say I have a girl friend BUT it may be close.  Luckily she doesn't read my blog so between you and I....she is a cracker!  Classy, intelligent, a thinker, physically beautiful, tactile, independent, funny, festival goer and dresses well.  I also love her approach to life and I could look at her walking all day.  Hummmm, interesting....we will see....

More to follow.

Todays music link is an absolute classic acid/rock/folk number from The Levellers.  I have had the privildge to party long and hard with them and followed them to numerious festivals and even seen them play in Amsterdam (not that I remember much about that gig...).  This song is their favorite: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld4kvadTXKY

No comments:

Post a Comment